Breaking NewsTrending NewsUK NewsUnited State

Who Is Joey Walker? Wiki, Death, Family, Mother, Bio More Facts

Joey Walker Wiki 

The two-year-old drowned by the bedroom cord, after the heartbroken mother left her for a second, the investigation heard the forensic officer warning about the blinds
When Joey Walker got stuck in the cordon he was left alone for ‘seconds’.
Chloe Armstrong, 28-year-old mother, explains how she tried to save her life with CPR
He was doing laundry with Joey when he left the room for a moment.

An investigation was heard, a two-year-old was strangled by the cord of a bedroom that went blind after his mother ‘left him for a second’.

Joey Walker was left alone for ‘seconds’, when he got stuck in a looped cable fitted by a previous tenant.

Heartbroken mother, Chloe Armstrong, told how she desperately tried to save her life after she unconsciously realized it on April 5 last year.

The 28-year-old spoke about the tragic accident, while a forensic officer warned that the lives of other children were at risk.

Ms. Armstrong, from Denton, Greater Manchester, said, ‘I was collecting the laundry from my room and her room and taking it downstairs.

Joey was in my bedroom, I dumped him for a second. He loved to play with the washing machine. His job at home was to help me fill it in and open it.

I was telling him to come down – but he didn’t follow. I could hear him making fun of him, and then there was just silence.

An investigation heard that the blind rope was stuck by a previous tenant in the rented house on Prince Edward Avenue when the tragedy occurred on April 5.

Senior forensic officer Chris Morris said he is concerned that homeowners have no obligation to inspect blinds or ensure wiring is safe.

In a letter to housing minister Robert Jenrick and the mayors in Tameside, Manchester, he said: ‘It is a matter of concern that homeowners currently have no obligation to inspect window coverings.

“I think action should be taken to prevent future deaths.”

A police investigation concluded that there was no suspect case. There was no arrest. However, the report added: ‘The investigation found that the blind cord worn by a previous tenant was not a working safety cord that would break if excessive pressure was applied to it.’

The regulations were introduced in 2014, that is, all louvers sold and fitted must have cables attached to the wall; Have a chain-breaking feature or a stick-style device to turn it on and off.

Ms. Armstrong said that the broken blind cord was simply reattached rather than removed and replaced before moving. “This chain was already broken before I moved in. It shouldn’t have been there, it should have just stopped.

Joey would be alive now if the house hadn’t been rented out on a broken blind rope.

After Chloe found her son, she called 999 and began giving her son the life-saving CPR that she learned while working in health and safety. Paramedics arrived and Joey was admitted to the intensive care unit of Manchester Children’s Hospital.

However, he died 18 days later of irreversible brain injuries.

Armstrong is currently training to become a pediatric nurse in memory of his son. She aims to promote children’s first aid to help parents and caregivers save lives.

She said: ‘He lived so long after the accident because I knew the child CPR – I did my best to give him the best chance.

The doctors said they would have no other chance.

Joey was hilarious. He was very, very clever. He could talk to you at the age of two. He was very kind — always said please and thank you. ‘

Forensic medicine recorded the result of the accident death. At least 35 toddler deaths due to blind cords have occurred since 2001, according to figures from the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents (RoSPA).

Baby Rifky Grossberger died in July 2019 when a tragedy struck Hackney, north of London. The investigation heard that his parents were “unaware” of the deadly dangers of the metal blind cord and threw the instruction leaflet.

A RoSPA spokesperson said: ‘The blinds may seem harmless enough, but for a young child the looped cords can be fatal if caught around their neck. ‘Most accidental deaths involving blind cords occur in the bedroom and occur in children between 16 months and 36 months, most occurring around 23 months.’

Jenny Ward, CEO of Lullaby Trust, said: ‘The sudden death of a baby or young child is something no parent or relative can prepare for, and the investigations below can be incredibly emotional.

No two people experience grief the same way, but it’s important to remember that you are not alone.

At The Lullaby Trust, we offer a free listening service where bereaved family members can listen without judgment and speak to one of our support advisors who will be there to support you as long as you need it.

Tags

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close